- Assessments/claims needed to be about tone. If you were not here Tuesday to reassess, you will need to take this home and turn it back in by Wednesday, but ONLY after you conference with me!
Reminder: documentary today and Thursday after school. Here's a preview!
- Take the first 5-7 minutes to review the editorial and compare notes/questions with your team.
- Connotation>>>> words that invoke feelings or ideas to the primary meaning; could be cultural or emotional
- I can discuss the editorial through recognizing the arguments, supplying textual evidence, asking questions and analyzing connotation
- Exit slip formative 10 points: Provide an example of connotation from the editorial and analyze how it is used. What feeling or idea does it invoke to the primary meaning?
5th hour: What is connotation?
- Read and annotate the editorial and prepare for tomorrow's discussion & assessment.
- Idea or feeling that a word invokes in addition to the primary meaning; could be cultural or emotional
- Exercise & Examples